Return to School FAQs / Preguntas frecuentes sobre el regreso a la escuela
(para español seleccione aquí )
1. Do parents have an option to decide if their child goes online or in person? Yes, we will email parents an inquiry of the options on or before August 10th. Also, you may call the school and ask to speak with Mrs. Bello and notify her of your option. For your convenience you can also email her at email@example.com.
2. If we chose online classes, will Burke provide a chrome book?
We are limited to the amount chrome books. However, we are giving priority to students who are on an IEP or English learners.
3. How will your child be graded? How will I know who my child’s teacher is? Your child’s teacher can explain his or her grading method during our virtual open house. He or she will be contacting you in the few weeks to set an appointment with you.
4. When will school start? August 17th
5. What learning management system will the school be using for online teaching? Google Classroom and ZOOM. (Google classroom helps students and teachers organize assignments, boost collaboration, and foster better communication.)
What is Burke preparing for?
We are preparing for three scenarios.
1. From the start date of school until the Governor allows school to hold in person classes, we will teach 100% online.
2. When our school can resume for in person classes, families may choose to return to campus or stay online through the rest of the semester.
3. If schools are required to close again, we will return to a full online model for 100% of our students.
Once again we thank you for your patience and understanding as we prepare for this upcoming year. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call the school and ask for a meeting with Mrs. Bello.